Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Most Recent Major Scores!

For those of you who may have actually read my blog a few months ago when I first began it, I am soo sorry I haven't kept up with regular posts. I became busy with other things, some important and some not, but my blogging fell by the wayside. Such is life. But my bargain hunting passion is always in the back of my mind, so I would like to share a few of my most recent fabulous finds with you, the devoted few. Hope you enjoy hearing about good deals as much as I enjoy finding them! May this inspire you to go out and track down some of your own. :)

Goodwill:

These fab sequined Converse retail for $40-50 new in stores, but because I just happened to shop on a shoe sale day at the Goodwill, I got them in like new condition for $3.60. Can you believe it!

Maxi dresses are usually super flattering, and this teriffic specimen, originally from Target, is no exception. New with tags, my thrifty self paid $2.00 as opposed to the $29.99 I would have paid had I shopped retail (shudder).
The perfect fit in a sweater can make all the difference in crafting a gorgeous, well put together outfit, and this Mossimo v neck has just the right amount of softness and stretch to give it that sublime quality. Retailing for $19.99, I of course paid $2.95, tags still on and everything!

One of my most recent favorite pieces is a white v neck tee with a black attatched chain necklace similar to the one above. It's a great going out top and at just $2.95, the price is certainly right!
A staple of any wardrobe, a gauzey, drapey tee for layering is every fashionista's must have. I love that the exellent one I just acquired cost less than $3.00.

Swapping:


For the trade of a couple of dresses I no longer wear, I am excitedly awaiting the arrival of these two gorgeous items: a leather quilted bag and a drapey t shirt dress. Can't wait!


I seem to have an addiction to Chanel earrings (who am I kidding, Chanel anything!), but even though I may never be able to afford the real thing these pearl and silver replicas were a fabulous swap that look chic and classy.

One of my favorite scores, I have worn this floral cardigan several times since recieving it and it has the perfect sihlouette to mask my flaws and highlight my, ahem, assets... Anyway, this item is beautiful and totally worth the price of postage.

The risk you take with swapping/shopping clothing on line is that it you may fall in love with an item, and then upon arrival, it (sigh) may not fit. Such was the case with this one-size-too-small dress. But look at it, it's incredible! So rather than get rid of a bnwt trade that I love, maybe it will be a good inspiration to lose a couple pounds, no? :)

I tend to gravitate towards flowing, drapey silhouettes, and this great rock tee (new with tags, no less) adds an extra shot of cool to an otherwise feminine, ethereal look. I have worn it several times and always feel great in it!

I'm not usually one to buy into trends, and I would say this is no exception. IJUSTLOVEOWLS! So naturally I swapped for this super cute owl necklace, to go with my owl earrings, and my owl top, and... :)

If it is possible to fall in love with a set of bangles, I have done so! These bangles were the jewelry equivalent to the soundtrack of my summer. Multiple <3's!
When a cardigan is the perfect blend of softness and style, it looks like this. 'Nuff said!

Online & Retail Scores:
Let's do a little comparison here for a moment. On the left we have a lovely pair of turquoise aviators from Forever 21. How much would you be willing to pay for them? $10? $20? Try $1.50! On the right, a very similar pair of sunnies by D & G at Nordstrom retailing for, gulp, $135! Now try to guess which pair I own, it's a no-brainer!


Sometimes an item is worth paying full retail price for, if it's inexpensive to begin with! This wonderful little $15 Forver 21 dress was an indulgence I allowed myself, and because I love creating new outfits around it, it will work out to just a few cents per wear!

To round out the finds at Forever 21, these whimsical knot earrings for only $1.50!
By shopping a sale at Kohl's and using a $10 off coupon, I was able to get this fab dress and belt combo for less than $1! As you can see, it looks great on! Coupon shopping at Kohl's and JC Penney's has proved especially fruitful. I by using $10-15 off coupons I have gotten several items for just a few cents each. Definately worth signing up for mailing lists and searching the papers.

My Next Conquest:
I love the look of a lot of Victoria's Secret clothing line, but I rarely buy anything from there when it seems so overpriced. However, a few days ago I recieved a random catalogue, and while flipping through it, the first thing I saw was, yep, the $10 off coupon. So I began browsing on line and settled on the heavenly Lovespell body wash for $10 it will be free except the shipping. But it gets even better. While I was browsing, I saw this great offer. Here's the link, it's not as dirt cheap as I usually shop, but still a relatively good deal. http://pink.victoriassecret.com/?vspromo=pn_bottom_pn_offer_free_yoga_panty_and_10_off_bra_111004

Hope you enjoyed this blog, folks! I will try to squeeze in time for more, I swear! If you would like to help motivate me, feel free to share your comments, and don't forget to follow. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment