Thursday, October 6, 2011

Must Have Beauty Buys!

I hope you enjoy the lovely and inexpensive beauty products posted here! Many of them have been personally tested by me, and the rest are products that I want to get, all of them cheap and chic of course. :)

Hair
1) David Babaii for Wildaid Bohemian Beach Spray $9.95
http://www.db4wildaid.com/product.aspx?id=95&bag=add

This great texture spray acts like a light hold hairspray and creates great beacy wave, plus it has an amazing coconut smell! I can't do without it!

2) Organix Shampoos and Conditioners $6.99
I love these organic shampoos and conditioners, they leave hair super soft and silky and they smell phenomenal! My favorite sents are teatree mint and coconut milk.

3)Suave Professionals Styling Gel $2.22

This hair gel is great for getting sleek and chic ponytails and buns to stay in place!

4) Hair Bungees $3.50


Hair Bungees are so awesome! No more tight elastics snapping while you try to put up your hair. They work well for all hair types.

Face
5) Clean And Clear Dual Action Face Moisturizer $5.97
I start every day with this Clean & Clear face lotion. It is gentle, non-sented, and very moisturizing, but not so thick that it will clog your pores or feel greasy. I put it on under my makeup to fight breakouts all day long!

6) E.L.F Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 $1.00
I know I have discussed this product before, but when it works so well and is only a dollar, it bears repeating! I use this moisturizer instead of foundation and it works remarkably well, leaving a light coverage, good for evening out skin tone, and some sun protection as well.

7) NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder $2.69

This NYC face powder is the best cheapie solution I've found to what can otherwise be an expensive product. It blends in naturally to your skin, evening out skin tone and reducing shine, without leaving that telltale dusty residue. I would recommend it for fair to medium skin tones with minor blemishes.

8) E.L.F. All Over Cover Stick $1.00
The creamy formula of this concealer stick wonderfully covers undereye circles and zits. For the money it's a good buy.

9) Maybelline Great Lash Mascara $3.23


This product may quite possibly be the #1 beauty secret of women across America!To lengthen lashes for a natural and non-clumpy look, this baby gets the job done. I prefer the waterproof formula in Very Black, but there are several color and formula options to suit every need. A winning bargain for sure.

10) Cover Girl Blast Cream Shadow
One of my new favorite products, this eye shadow and liner duo is a totally convenient time saver! It glides on smoothly and looks incredibly sexy. I recommend the plum and silver duo pictured above.

11) Rimmel Metallic Stars Roller Eyeshadow $3.95
Apparently this fabulous roll on eyeshadow from Rimmel is hard to come by in the United States! Fortunatley Amazon came to the rescue, but they only have a few left in stock, so buy it before it's gone ladies! The reason this stuff is so awesome is that the powder formula glides on silky smooth and stays put for hours, giving great color saturation. For someone who hates fussing with makeup brushes (and spending loads of money) this is the best solution.

12) Burt's Bees Lip Balms (from) $2.99
Being more of a balm/gloss than lipstick gal, I have been absolutely in looove with Burt's Bees lip products for several years. The original beeswax lip balm is just the right amounts of moisturizing and pepperminty, and with all natural ingredients what's not to love?! Truely an earth changing revelation occurred when the good folks over at Burt's decided to add color to their lovely formulas, and the Natural Tinted Lip Balms were born! Go pick up a tube today, you won't be sorry...

13) Avon Be Blushed Cheek Color $8.00

Avon has many extremely high quality inexpensive and innovative products, but surprisingly out of all the abundant options, my favorite has become this great cream blush. It blends right in to any skin tone and looks like a natural flush. A must try if you are tired of powdery, flakey blushes.
Nails
14) Wet N Wild Nail Polish $.99
There are several good brands of 99 cent nail polish, but my favorite is Wet N Wild. The formulas are smooth, dry quickly, and come in a wide array of colors, my personal faves being Bijou Blue and Eggplant pictured above. As glamourous as designer brand nail polishes may seem, one doesn't need to spend $20 a bottle to get glam results!

15) Sally Hansen Salon effects Nail Polish Strips (from) $9.00
These innovative nail care strips may actually be the best thing to ever happen to at home nail care! They go on easily (and come with extras in case you mess up) and look as good as a professional manicure. I'd recommend this product to nail divas everywhere!

16) Priti Nail Polishes and Polish Removers (from) $12.50

Even though the products at Priti NYC are somewhat more expensive than I would usually purchace, I cannot say enough positive things about this company, so they've made my list! For the best natural, chemical free polishes and products in absolutely gorgeous colors, please check out Priti.

Body
17) Softsoap Coconut Body Wash/Scrub $2.98

This creamy and heavenly sented scrubbing body wash has become my go to favorite. This is the low, low price of awesome!

18) Ecotools Love Heels All Intensive Cream $5.99


Now I know this says heel cream, but I use it as a leg moistuizer as well and it feels just fabulous! The whipped luxurious peppermint formula has a great tingle and turns skin extremely smooth after it dries.


19) Philosophy Bubble Bath $16

Again, a bit more than I would normally advise paying for such a product. However Philosophy makes such luxurious all natural products in such a spectrum of different sents, that I simply have to recomend them. Merely visit their website and you will fall in love!

20) Various Fragrances
I am a self admitted fragrance hoarder, prefering to have many sents to fit different occasions and moods than to be loyal to one perfume. Here are some of the best inexpensive ones I have run across.
There are so many amazing fragrances out there that don't cost an arm and leg!
Sadly, two of my favorites, Sinful and Eye Kandy, were discontinued when Anchor Blue went out of business. Fortunately, I found a website that still sells them for $19.95.

I also love many of Victoria's Secret Body Sprays, my fave sents being Love Spell and Pear Glace, $12.http://www.victoriassecret.com/beauty/body-splashes-and-mists

Of course, who could forget Bath and BodyWorks in the fragrance category! The travel sizes are an especially good deal at only $5.00!
Secret Ninja Ultimate Cheapie Fragrance!!!
So, when I was in junior high and my parents idea of fun was to browse the 99 Cents Always Stores, I stumbled across the holy grail of all inexpensive perfumes! Jordache makes "textures" of famous perfumes and out of all of them, the Cool Waters is truly a winner. I have used this stuff for nearly ten years and never gotten tired of it. I found it on Amazon for $5.00, but if you have a local dollar store at your disposal, look for it there.

Well, I certainly hope you have enjoyed my list of must have beauty buys, and really, pick at least one item to try... you'll be glad you did!
Until next time, many X from your BARGAINISTA GUIDE TO ALL THINGS AWESOME, Amanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment