Saturday, October 5, 2013

Life: Birthday Edition 10/5/13

Well, today was the day, the big 2-4. I suppose I spent it a bit unconventionally, as birthdays go. No cake flickering with candles, no shiny wrapped gifts or doting  family members. As much as I miss my friends and family traditions, I've actually managed to have a grand old time today!

I dressed up in my beautiful new (mostly thrifted) OOTD, and actually bothered to do makeup today, so I felt fabulous.
These are the previously mentioned items:
Rue 21Teal Cardigan: Thrifted $8.
Mossimo Shirtdress: Thrifted $5
H&M Basics Gray Tshirt Dress (underneath): Thrifted $4
Fleece Lined Leggings: Ross $5.99
Faded Glory Riding Boots: Walmart: $29.87.

Here's a bonus FOTD (face of the day.)

The products used are all easily found drugstore items.
Mabelline The Falsies Mascara.
Wet'n'Wild Eyeshadow Trio in "I'm Feeling Retro."
Mabelline Dream Matte Foundation
Garnier Undereye Concealer Rollerball
Milani Baked Blush in "Luminoso."
Revlon Lip Butter in "Strawberry Shortcake."

All that looking good may not have been that fun if I didn't have anywhere to go out. Fortunately, timing had us driving right by Boise, ID, where we know of a truck stop next to a great little place...

Mongolian Noodle House! For those if you that have never experiencex this culinary pleasure, they put out a buffet of raw ingredients; fresh veggies, meats, noodles and sauces. You pile whatever you like in a heaping bowl and hand it over to the Chef.
This is how they cook it:

This is how you eat it: OMNOMNOM!

This is how you pack up your leftovers:

Thank you. That is all.




No comments:

Post a Comment