Thursday, October 31, 2013

OOTD: Pinspiration Challenge Day 1. Equestrian. 10/31/13

Happy Halloween all! I've no occasion to dress up in a costume today, but I am trying something new. Let me tell you all about it! As you may already know, I spend quite a bit of time reading fashion blogs and pinning items on Pinterest. While I might be inspired to buy a new piece that I particularly like, I've never based a whole outfit on a look I saw online. Obviously the point of Pinterest is to be inspired to recreate something for yourself irl, not just sit in front of the computer screen for hours. ;) So for the next couple weeks, I'm going to have my own personal "Pinspiration Challenge," where my ootd's will be based on looks from Pinterest or blogs, with my own personal twists on them, of course.

Today's look is inspired by Lindsey of the blog Thrift And Shout. (Not affil.) Fabulous new blog I discovered yesterday and have spent hours looking through her posts. 90% of her wardrobe is thrifted, and she looks absolutely incredible and chic, imo. This is one of her more rare casual looks, but she usually wears a lot of stylish name brand dresses and skirts. Do yourself a favor and take a look!
http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com/?m=1

This is her look: sorry if it's a bit pixelated.


And this is my take on a bright sweater with equestrian touches. I would normally never wear a silk scarf in this manner, for fear of looking overly western, but I'm kind of enjoying branching out.
Fuschia Sweater: Merona for Target thrifted
Silk Scarf: gift
Black Lace Cami: Walmart
Skinny Jeans: Old Navy
Riding Boots: Walmart
Bag: jane.com
Earrings: Cherokee Gift Shop
Bangles: vintage

I am really enjoying stretching my creativity by trying pieces I already have in new ways. Be prepaired for lots morw awesome looks to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment