Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Unexpected Vacation and OOTD

So I suppose I am technically on vacation, although it was forced. Truck broke down on the side of the road for DH and I again last night (3rd time this year.) So after a long night of waiting,  -15 temps, and tow truck rides, we are staying at a lovely La Quinta Inn in Joplin, MO for a night or two while our truck gets repaired. Even though we didn't intend to take a break and the motel is coming out of our pockets, I must admit that this is sooo relaxing. I'm typing this from a bubblebath, lol. Earlier we had brunch at a Starbucks right next to the inn, and then enjoyed the indoor pool and spa. Next will be room service and TV. Silver linings. :)

Anyway, a had to pack a capsule wardrobe of sorts based on what was clean (haven't done laundry since xmas) and what we could fit into two small duffle bags.

Other than what I was wearing, I brought:

Gray 3/4 sleeve slouchy tee
Teal longsleeved top
3 differing black & white striped tops
Plain black cardi
Asymmetrical sparkly black cardi
1 black and 1 white cami
Dark skinny jeans
Olive leggings
Swimsuit
4 days of underclothes/socks
1 set of pajamas + comfy sweatshirt
Leopard scarf
Gray scarf
Black crochet hat
Half finished gray crochet hat to work on
Black snow boots
Flip flops for pool

I know it sounds like a lot of black, gray, and stripes, but armed with my Pinterest photos, I already know exactly what outfits I will create.

The next morning:
 We only ended up having to stay one night, so this is what I wore the next day. I thought the double stripes were fun.

Pinspo:

Mine:



No comments:

Post a Comment