Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Book Review: This Is My Body by Ragan Sutterfield

I've always enjoyed memoirs. Something about reading stories that truly happened has always touched me, and Ragan's story is no exception. In fact, this is one of the deepest, most profound tales of a person's journey I have ever had the pleasure of getting a glimpse into.

This Is My Body is a refreshingly open narrative; a clear treatment of a topic, our complicated relationship to our physical bodies, that are often subjected to apathy, shame, or downright abuse. It is a heartfelt exploration of one enfleshed spirit's journey toward the grace and wholeness that each of our lives can achieve.

I give it 5 stars because I think on a certain level every reader can relate to and draw inspiration from the authors humanity, honesty, frailty, and craving for grace that was masterfully portrayed in this work. I've never run more than 8 laps on a track in my life, nor am I at peace with my body and spirit's current station in life, and reading this narrative made me simultaneously want to get off the couch and crack open my bible. Isn't that the point?



No comments:

Post a Comment