Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Haul: Michael's & Walmart

I've never shopped at Michael's for wax before, but a fellow wax lover on IG mentioned she got some clamshells on sale there for .59-99¢, so I had to go check it out. None of the wax melts were on sale at my store, although they do have a few for .99¢ online. But they had a ton of pretty candles on clearance! The top 2 candles were on sale for $2.59 each and the bottom 2 for $1.99. The big jar candle was in the fall decor section for $4.50. They all smell strong and wonderful on cold sniff; let me know if you want any specific scent descriptions. I also had 2 coupons: one for 20% off entire purchase and 1 for 40% off 1 full priced item, which I used to get the pretty votive holder. All together this came out to $13 and change! I'm very pleased. :)


 I also looked at candles at Big Lots, but their selection was pretty picked over. They did have a wine collection of candles like BBW, which amused me. They were pretty. I did score a great deal on BOGO Pantene conditioners for my hubby though, and a couple np's.

Finally, I went to two WM's in search of fall wax and 719 candles. My regular one had only the cinnamon roll and apple cider candles, and several of the summer ones left. They had a label for the Pumpkin Waffles candles, my favorite, but none in stock. The wax isle was super picked over; hopefully this means fall restock soon. Didn't get anything at that one. Went to a Super WM about 10 miles further away; they had a lot of their wax on clearance for $1.50 and although a lot of my favorites were gone, I managed to get these and a .50¢ votive (which melted in the heat on the way home, aaagh!) Then I went looking for the 719's. They had a couple more scents like classic flannel, but once again the PW's were completely gone! *rageface* I will check back next week; I will not rest until I have hoarded a few glorious Pumpkin Waffle candles.


With the Pacifica candles and WM fall wax packs I ordered, I think I'm set now, which is great because I only had half a candles and 3 half full clamshells left! With everything so deeply discounted I saved a lot in the long run. I will definitely check back with Michael's in the future to see what wax is on sale, and I also want to check Joann's. I know they have wax and they often have coupons. I keep eyeing YC at Kohl's but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. What are some of your favorite lesser known stores for wax and candles?

BTW, WM is selling their YC collection in stores now! It's called American Home by Yankee. I have to say many of them were unimpressive on cold sniff, but I may still try one or two in the future. I didn't see their prices listed.

Whew, long post. Thanks reading!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you land some pumpkin waffles soooooon!!! You got some amazing deals! Kohl's lemon cookie scent is really good (generic wax clamshells I forget the name). Bass Pro Shops have Swan Creek wax melts. Some of those are nice. My friend Deb loves KMart's wax brand. She has reviewed a few on her blog. Happy melting and burning Amanda!!

    ReplyDelete