Friday, October 23, 2015

Review: Olympic Orchids Red Cattleya Perfume

I had no idea what to expect from this fragrance, other than possibly orchid. I did get an opening note of orchid and other florals, as well as what I'd describe as cloying, syrupy dark berries and musk, followed by an intense bottom note of insense/patchouli.

I don't know if I'm not that great at picking out notes or if it just smells different on me, but here's the fragrance's actual description: 
"Red Cattleya by Olympic Orchids Notes include: Citruses, peach, apricot, melon, lilac, and vanilla."

I honestly didn't get any of those from it. I don't exactly dislike it, but I'm not quite sure if I like it either. I only used two sprays and honestly feel as if I opened the door to a head shop and was punched in the nose by pungent floral and musky insense. It is very strong, and although it's calmed down some after 20 minutes, I can still smell it with every inhale. I get the feeling it will be lingering for several hours. Although it's not terrible, it's not really the scent vibe I'm going for. I'll likely not wear it again. Overall grade: C would not purchase, may not wear.
Has anyone else tried this fragrance? Please share your thoughts in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment