Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Reviews: LCP Double Mint Noel & BHG Vanilla Buttercream Cupcake


Today I'm burning BHG Vanilla Buttercream Cupcake. It seems to only be available seasonally for the holidays, but I wish it was available year round. When I saw it was in stores again I rushed out and bought one because it's truly the best vanilla scented candle I've ever tried! It smells like a real, warm, fresh baked vanilla cupcake, rather than an imitation vanilla scent. It has fairly strong throw and the 18 oz size would probably last a week of burnings 8 hours a day. Great value for $5.97! Overall grade: A will stock up on these.

I'm also melting Long Cane Primitives Double Mint Noel tart. This has a prominent mint note blended with vanilla. It just smells like standard vanilla to me and doesn't really have the extra special foodie/bakery notes that I would expect from a Noel note. It has fairly strong throw, is noticeable in the rooms but not extremely strong. 
I have to compare it to the Pocket Full Of Peonies mint blends I've been trying recently because it is quite similar to the Peppermint Sugar Cookie Royale blend from PFOP. I have to say that of the two I would reorder the PFOP tart because it had slightly stronger throw and a richer vanilla element to the blend.
Overall grade: B+ very nice but probably wouldn't purchase because there are similar blends I like more.

No comments:

Post a Comment