Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Reviews: LPL Iced Pumpkin Cookie & BBW PPW Candle


have ordered from and tried several Lake Providence Lodge scents before, and I have to say, I really like them overall. They seem to be extremely customer service oriented and happy to answer any questions you may have. They tend to ship quickly; I usually get my orders within a week. Plus they have cute shapes and packaging, send full sized free samples and offer discounts for first time buyers and smaller order shipping. They have a small but varied scent list which is good for those who are overwhelmed by the options of large scent lists. If you haven't checked out their site yet, you really should. (Not affiliated.) http://www.lakeprovidencelodgescentedwaxmelts.com

The scent I'm reviewing today, Iced Pumpkin Cookie, was scent to me by my "fairy wax mother," so it was not one I was planning on ordering, but I was very excited to receive it. Upon cold sniff I detected mostly cinnamon/spice with no real pumpkin note to be found. Some pumpkin scents in general tend to go heavy on the cinnamon, so that's understandable. Sometimes the pumpkin comes out more when melting, sometimes not. However in this case I also smelled a strange, sweet smell that didn't seem like it belonged, almost like... bubblegum? My nose was confused. It's important to note that I have had this happen before with one other LPL tart: Cake Shop. I was expecting a vanilla cake scent and got that same sickly sweet odd bubblegummy scent, not vanilla cake at all.
On the plus side, when melting Iced Pumpkin Cookie, it had strong and long lasting throw, but unfortunately it filled the room with that weird sweet scent; definitely not pumpkin or bakery to my nose. It wasn't so unpleasant that I had to turn it off, but it was disappointing that it didn't smell like it was supposed to. Overall grade: C. It checked all the boxes for throw, longevity and presentation, but would not purchase this scent again due to it smelling very off to me.
I'm not sure what has caused this off scent to me. Perhaps it is a specific fragrance oil that doesn't smell right to me. I don't think it's a wax base smell because it's only affected 2 of the scents I've tried so far.
I would like to recommend to of my favorite scents from them that smell exactly as they should to me: Strawberry Fluff and Glazed Orange Cake.

Fortunately I'm able to add some extra pumpkin scent to my home with a BBW Pumpkin Pecan Waffles mini mason jar candle. I got this one for free with a mail coupon. It has surprisingly strong throw for a mini candle. It's not quite as strong as the larger sizes, but I can still smell it well from several feet away. It's perfect for travel and small spaces. The only drawback to this particular candle is the wick has burned very short, but luckily hasn't got out. I've not had this problem with other mini mason jars I've had, so hopefully it's just a fluke. Most of you know what PPW smells like because it's been a fall favorite of many for the past few years, but I will briefly say that it's a warm, strong, delicious pumpkin bakery scent with a prominent glazed pecan note. Pretty much heaven in a jar. :) Overall grade: A will buy over and over again in various sizes with coupons/sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment