Friday, October 9, 2015

Reviews Vanilla Exquise and Lea Perfumes

I wore Annick Goutal Vanille Exquise yesterday and it was quite nice. I would describe this as a very true vanilla scent with no other distinguishable notes. I've heard others describe it as a "boozy vanilla" and I could agree with that as well. It's similar to how vanilla extract smells, although not as pungent. If you're looking for a true vanilla with no frills, then this may be the fragrance for you. My only complaint is that it was completely gone within 2 hours. I had difficulty getting enough out of the vial to get a good sense of the fragrance on me without overdoing it. I wish Luckyscent provided spray vials instead of dab on vials. Maybe that would have helped the longevity.

Today I am wearing Calypso St. Barth Lea. It went on very strong at first and was very sweet, almost cloying. It reminded me of a vanilla/pink sugar blend which I think I would normally like, but sadly this had a strong artificial note to my nose, like a vanilla scented cleaning product. After about 15 minutes it did calm down and became much softer and more powdery, but then I could barely smell it. I did not get any delicious whiffs like I enjoy from my fragrances. An hour later I can't really smell it at all. This may be a great fragrance to some, but I don't think it really works with my body chemistry.

Of these two and Indult Tihota which I reviewed previously, the clear winner is Tihota. I love it's nutty shortbread notes and it's longevity. It may be my perfect vanilla! Whyyyy did I do this to myself; fall in love with a fragrance I can't afford...

Final thoughts:
Indult Tihota- Love! Would purchase if possible.
Vanille Exquise- Like a lot; would purchase at a discounted price.
Lea- Doesn't work for me; would not purchase.
Here are photos of the full size bottles.

1 comment:

  1. I have so many Annick Goutals on my wish list to sample. I seriously just need to do it. Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete