Thursday, November 5, 2015

Reviews: PFOP Holiday Sparkle & Walmart Cozy Fire


After curing for a couple weeks; the Pocket Full Of Peonies Holiday Sparkle tart is a mild pine needle scent with a bit of cream and sugar. Lovely! I remember when it first arrived just smelling pine. It has been going for about 6 hours and I can still smell it, so fairly long lasting. It's throw is moderate; I can smell wonderful whiffs of it throughout the room but it isn't particularly strong. This may be a good thing in our case because my husband has been sensitive to strong pine scents in the past; calling them "bad air freshener." He didn't say anything this time around so that's a good sign. :) Overall Grade: B+. I like that it's a unique, slightly sweet, creamy pine blend rather than straight up pine. Very nice for the holidays.

The Walmart Cozy fire 3-wick smells of woodsy mahogany with woodsmoke and a hint of warm amber resin. It's throw is light to moderate; great for if you want ambiance and a lighly fragranced room. Not so great if you want really strong throw. I like most of my candles super strong, but prefer not to be overwhelmed by this type of scent, so it's throw is fine for me. It had a nice even wax pool within an hour and the wicks are burning well with no tunneling yet. Overall grade: B. Enjoyable but not strong. 

I must give an update on yesterday's melting of BHG Frosted Honey Cake because it threw like a beast and lasted ALL day! The scent only went from strong to moderate after about 10 hours and is smelled sooo good! Had me in a good mood all day yesterday; a definite winner among the new winter scents.

No comments:

Post a Comment