Sunday, December 27, 2015

New Candle & Wax Reviews

Woodwick Vanilla Gourmand candle:
I had been wanting to try wood wick candles for a while now and my husband was sweet enough to get me a couple for Christmas. The Woodwick brand Vanilla Gourmand candle is a nice but ordinary vanilla scent. There is nothing particularly gourmand about it to me. The throw is mild to moderate. Since it was on the pricy side, I would prefer the scent to be stronger and more unique. What I love about this candle was the wood wicks themselves. They crackled merrily like a fireplace without throwing any scary sparks. The candle burned slowly with an even wax pool and the flames were strong. Overall grade: B. Wouldn't repurchase this particular scent, but would love to try others.

House of Usher R2D2 tart:
I was so excited to receive this fun Star Wars tart! I saved it to melt on the day we went to go see the new movie and it really added to the festivities. :) I'm not sure what the scent description was as it was a gift, but I'll describe what it smelled like to me. On cold sniff it was fruity and when melting it smelled strongly of gummy bears to me for the first couple hours. Oddly enough I feel like it started smelling like pine after a while, but I really enjoyed it overall. The shape was too cute; it was hard to cut up and melt! Overall grade: A. Would purchase.

Nature's Wick Pumpkin Nutmeg, Bonfire Nights, and Vanilla Dolce layered candle:
I'm melting this candle today and enjoying it very much. The first layer is a yummy pumpkin spice scent with moderate throw. I will be interested to see if the scents actually change when it burns down to the next layers. The crackling wood wick provides a lovely ambiance and the candle is burning very well with a strong flame and even wax pool. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Sassy Girl Aroma Noel Eats Cake and Cereal At 7:
Fun name and fun scent! This delightful tart chunk smells like Captain Crunch Berries with an added hint of foodie vanilla. It has had strong throw for several hours. A great and realistic  scent; it's making me hungry! SGA is quickly becoming a favorite tart vendor of mine. Overall grade: A+. Would purchase.

1 comment:

  1. That R2D2 is so cute! I like WoodWick mostly for the crackle lol! I love a mock fireplace experience. Great reviews! And so sweet of hubby to gift you candles <3

    ReplyDelete