Sunday, January 3, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


CFTKR Caramel Latte:
Even though this is a very popular vendor, I have not managed to order from them yet, so this was my first Candles From The Keeping Room tart! I'm glad it was gifted to me because it was so enjoyable! On cold sniff it smelled strongly of caramel and when melting it didn't disappoint. It earned the rare "husband sniff of approval." DH and I sometimes have different taste in scents, and often he'll say he can't even smell what's melting. With this tart he called from another room asking what was in the warmers. When I told him he said "It smells effing good; I want to drink it!" Ha! I also agree that it smells wonderful. Caramel coffee scents often end up smelling like caramel popcorn to me, but I don't mind at all; yum! Either way, it's a winner! Overall grade: A. Would purchase.

BBW Eucalyptus Mint mason jar size candle:
I'm not huge on herbal/fresh scents and had this scent in a handsoap a couple years ago and didn't care for it. But when I saw how picked over the BBW candle section was from the SAS, I got down to sniffing the remainders and this one smelled pleasant and refreshing so I went ahead and picked it up. When melting it is a eucalyptus mint that isn't too potent or medical. I quite relaxing and enjoyable for a change of pace from all my foodie scents. The throw was fairly strong for a smaller candle. Overall grade: A-. Would repurchase.

SGA Noel Hijacked Zara's Stawberry Lemon Curd tart:
On cold sniff this smelled as expected; a yummy strawberry lemonade-ish blend with a bit of bakery vanilla. When melting the throw was more moderate when compared to most other SGA tarts I've tried. I could pick out the lemon curd and strawberry for a little while, but after an hour or so it just smelled like a big fruit cocktail with no really distinguishable notes. The noel certainly didn't "hijack" the blend. To me this one was pleasant but forgettable. Overall grade: B. Probably wouldn't purchase.

SMT Elm Street tart:
I've only tried a couple of Sniff My Tarts scents, and this one was most unusual. I'm not sure what the original notes were but on cold sniff it smelled strongly of bubblegum with a hint of bakery vanilla. As it melted I got a whiff of spoiled milk and was scared for a minute. Fortunately it quickly turned into a bubblegum/brown sugar/zucchini bread blend. I wasn't sure if I liked it at first, but it kind of mellowed out and is growing on me. I probably wouldn't purchase it, but it's definitely unique and not hideous. Overall grade: B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment