Thursday, January 21, 2016

Review: Yves Rocher Order


It took me nearly a month to receive my Yves Rocher order because some items were out of stock. Fortunately their customer service is on the ball and kept me appraised of my order status via email. I ordered the full sized Noix De Coco Malaysian Coconut EDT and Shower Gel and travel sized lotion. The other items pictured are 2 free samples, reusable tote, and a full sized night cream; such lovely extras!

I would describe the Malaysian Coconut scent overall as a very sweet and decadent coconut with a hint of cinnamon spice. It is exotic and strong without being too overbearing. For the first five minutes or so I really enjoyed sniffing the EDT I had spritzed on my pulse points. But then I started to get an artificial/plastic type note that really dampened my excitement. I think there are some unknown ingredient(s) in certain fragrances that react badly with my body chemistry and create that artificial note. Thereafter all I could smell was heavy artificial coconut. It did not make the fragrance unwearable to me, but it was somewhat disappointing. I have had the same problem with fragrances from Pacifica, especially Island Vanilla. I wish I knew why; it tends to happen with fragrances that use more natural ingredients which is odd and a shame.

After an hour it dried down to a dull powdery musk with a light hint of coconut, and within two hours I couldn't smell it any longer. A bit disappointed with the longevity. Mild to moderate silage.

The body wash was average; it did a good job of lathering, cleansing and moisturizing, but it looked so creamy in the bottle that I hoped it would be more luxurious feeling. The scent did not noticeably linger on my skin. The lotion was also just fine; it absorbed quickly and didn't leave a greasy residue, but wasn't anything to write home about. The scent lasted for about 15 minutes. The artificial note was not really noticeable with the shower gel and lotion as their fragrance did not last very long.
Overall impressions: adequate performance on all products but the scent did not live up to my expectations. I will use the products but wouldn't repurchase in this scent. I'd be interested to try other scents and products from this brand.


No comments:

Post a Comment