Thursday, February 25, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


DD Coconut Milk & Pachouli:
This "DD" brand of wax melts comes from Hobby Lobby. I looked them up on Hobby Lobby's website to find out what DD stands for, but apparently that's just the name, lol. I had never tried this brand of wax melts before, and at $2.99 they are slightly more expensive than the $2 BHG and SS clamshells at Walmart. I sniffed each and every one of the dozen or so scents offered carefully, not wanting to end up with any duds, haha. The two scents I'm reviewing today were the only two of the line that I liked on cold sniff and purchased. The others were really wacky to me; some had terrible chemical notes, and others just smelled nothing like the scents desribed. I'm very glad I picked up this Coconut Milk and Pachouli scents though! It's extremely unique and an intoxicating blend. The spicy pachouli and warm sandalwood are tempered by rich, creamy coconut milk. It has the perfect blend of all the elements, with strong but not overpowering throw. Very impressed with the performance of this melt; it's creamy, cozy aroma lasted all day. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

DD: Cherry Lime Spritzer:
On cold sniff this reminded me of Sonic's Cherry Limeade: sweet cherry syrup with a squeeze of lime juice over fizzy soda. I was a bit concerned it would be too sickly sweet or lean artificial/cough syrup-y when melting, but I quite enjoyed it. It had fairly strong throw for the first couple of hours and became more moderate for the rest of the day. A fun summery concoction. Overall grade: B+. Might repurchase.

Mainstays Juicy Watermelon:
This candle delivers what it promises: it smells just like watermelon Jolly Ranchers on cold sniff and when melting. It has moderate throw with excellent performance, as with all the Mainstays 3-wicks I've tried. A perfect pairing with any fruity, summery tarts. Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

Beezy Cider Donuts (BBW Dupe):
When you want to eat whatever is producing that glorious aroma (even though you know it's wax) that's when you have a winning foodie wax scents! With top notes of warm apple cider, closely followed by cinnamon sugar and warm flaky pastry layers, this Beezy scent is absolutely wonderful! It is fairly similar to the BBW Cinnamon Sugar Donuts candles, except that it has a bit more emphasis on the cider, whereas I recall the BBW version being a bit more bakery. I adore this scent and the throw just keeps getting stronger. An excellent performer so far. Overall grade: A+. Would repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment