Saturday, March 5, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


CFTKR Coconut Strawberry Cake:
Unfortunately the coconut and strawberry became indistinguishable when melting and it just became a sickly sweet, artificial, cough syrup type scent. The throw was moderate but I had to turn it off after a couple hours because I was finding it unpleasant. This is the first such experience I've had from a CFTKR tart; most are wonderful. I guess this one just wasn't for me. Overall grade: C-. Wouldn't purchase.

Can-Do Candles Rose Beans:
This lovely scent was from my first Can-Do order and it was one of the freebies that was generously included. I liked it so much upon cold sniff that I had to melt it first! It's a gorgeous fresh rose petal scent mingled with the green sweetness of sugar snap peas. I've been describing it as a rose garden meets vegetable garden; absolute heaven! Very impressive and unique blend with fairly strong throw for 6-8 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Beezy Apple Clove Butter: I might get frowned upon for this, but I have to say this tart was good but not great for me. It's a huge favorite among wax lovers so I was super excited to have one gifted to me, but it seems to have fallen just a little shy of the hype for me. It is a very pleasant rich apple cinnamon aroma, and the throw has been fairly strong for a few hours, but it is not super unique compared to many other apple spice scents I've tried, and the throw is not quite as strong as all the other Beezy tarts I currently have which are known for their enormous throw. I'm enjoying it, but not blown away. I still have half the tart left, so I will come back to it in a couple weeks and see if more curing changes anything. It's been curing about 2 weeks already. Overall grade: B+. Might repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment