Saturday, March 12, 2016

Today's Product Reviews


Nügg Flaxseed & Peppermint Oil Revitalizing Face Mask: I was very interested to try this face mask. It had the texture of a thick, moisture rich cleanser, like Cerave. It did not dry on the face like clay type masks do. The instructions said to leave on for 5-10 minutes, so I did 5 and then rinsed it off. The .33 oz container definitely had enough product for 2 generous uses, so I put the opened package in a baggy to save it. The scent was very minty and it went on with a moderate cooling, tingling sensation. It was not unpleasant, but I wouldn't recommend this product for sensitive skin. After rinsing it off, my face felt very firm and hydrated. As I went about my routine of getting dressed my skin began to feel slightly tight and dry as it usually does after washing, so I applied my usual facial moisturizer. I then realized that my face was noticeably red. No rash or discomfort at all, but it looked like I had a mild sunburn. The redness has started to fade after an hour, but that's not something I really want from a face mask. My skin is not particularly sensitive and I can't ever recall having any reaction to a product before. I suspect the peppermint oil was a bit too concentrated for me. I wouldn't repurchase this particular mask but I would be interested to try other products from this brand. Overall grade: B.

Alchemic Muse Lovecraft Perfume Oil: I am quite enamored of this fragrance! I knew I loved it upon first sniff. It was captivatingly spicy and woodsy with a hint of sweetness that kept it from being too masculine. The images that came to mind were whole cloves, frothy eggnog, warm cinnamon bread, and freshly cut lumber. It simultaneously made me hungry and want to go for a walk in the woods, haha. I was very curious what the actual scent notes were, so I looked it up on the Alchemic Muse site. "Provincial lavender blossoms grounded in fresh pumpkin, sweet cream, and blackstrap molasses with a thick dusting of harvest spice." I can definitely smell the sweet cream, molasses, and spices. This is such a creative blend and a couple hours later I'm still enjoying it. The silage seems to be moderate. Overall grade: A+. Would purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment