Sunday, May 29, 2016

NOTD: Starry Starry Night


Forget Essie Starry, Starry Night; this is the real thing!
These aren't exactly the same as decals, but nail wraps are stick on too, so I'm counting it. The brand is QJ purchased on wish.com.
Overall these were rather easy to apply. For being so inexpensive, this is one of the best brands of nail wraps I tried. They seemed to have just the right amount of stick and stretch to go on straight and smooth. They were well sized for me and fit my nails nearly perfectly. It was time consuming to trim and file all the tips down to fit my length, but in the end it took about the same amount of time as a regular multi coat polish mani. 
I wish I could have oiled my nails and used base coat. The instructions didn't specifically say not to, but I didn't want to interfere with the stickiness off the wraps. I debated doing top coat, but in the end went ahead and did it because I wanted to wrap the tips and sides to keep water out. TC doesn't seem to cause any adverse effects.
The only drawback to these things is that they smelled strongly like rubber when I first started applying them.
Overall I think I paid $2 shipped for these and I would definitely like to buy more! 
Available here:
https://www.wish.com/m/c/554c6d7dad24643dd8f800fb
They are so beautiful and if they hold up well they'd definitely be great for travel. I'm wearing them to a Memorial Day BBQ tomorrow and there will be swimming, so that will be a great test. Have you ever tried nail wraps? What are your favorite brands/prints? I hope you all are having a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment