Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Recent Fragrance Reviews


Victoria's Secret Forever Sexy 7ml Rollerball:
This fragrance confuses me so much. I don't love it but I don't entirely dislike it either. I don't know if my nose and body chemistry are very off when it comes to this fragrance, but I don't find it sexy/sensual at all, and I don't get most of the fragrance notes from it that are listed. The notes are described as " juicy fruity flavors of Belladonna orange, with creamy gardenia petals leaving a solar effect, while sensual warmth originates from golden amber." To me, gardenia is the only note described that I even remotely get from this fragrance. It is not a warm, sensual fragrance to me at all. It opens with a sharp blast of alcohol that quickly fades to a cool, aquatic, ozone-y floral. It is a very fresh and minimalistic scent to me for about the first hour or so, and lingered for four or so more hours as a dull, one note ozone type fragrance that was almost industrial. While I didn't find it repellent, it was very flat and uninspired to me, definitely not my fragrance style. I'm glad I received it for free from a promotion, because I would not have wanted to spend money on it. 

Have you tried this fragrance? What were your thoughts? Have you ever sniffed a fragrance that did not match its description to you?

VS Pink Coconut Milk & Pineapple Body Mist 2.5 oz:
I am really liking this fragrance. It is a surprisingly non-juvenile blend of fresh, unsweetened coconut milk and tart pineapple. I do love sweet fragraces, but this is surprisingly less sweet than I thought it would be. It is fresh, tropical and bright, with a punch of tart pineapple and a creaminess from the coconut with just a hint of sweetness. Like most body mists, the fragrance only lasts about 15-20 minutes, but it would be a great scent to toss in a beach bag and reapply all day. I also find myself spraying it on constantly around the house. A fun and fresh summer fragrance.

Nest Citrine 3ml Rollerball EDP:
Citruses and florals can be hit or miss for me, but this is a lovely bright and cheerful scent. I get opening notes of tart and slightly sweet lemon and orange with undertones of light, fresh florals. It is a really pretty citrus floral for spring, although the longevity is only about 2 hours on me. I adore the beautiful packaging of this fragrance too. I like that I was able to spray and test this fragrance at Sephora before redeeming the free sample. It did not disappoint.

Have you tried any of these fragrances? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment