Friday, May 13, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


Cosmic Gems Snuggly Sheets (rose jam + laundry):
I normally hate anything laundry, but the rose makes it so lovely! Looks how pretty it is too! Both on cold sniff and when melting it is a lovely realistic rose mingled delightfully with freshly washed linens. Does Downy have a rose scent? To me this = rose + Downy. It had strong throw for a good 10 hours. I love being pleasantly surprised when trying new scents! Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

 Starry Skies Avo Rose: 
These are my two favorite Lush Dupes! Both on cold sniff and when melting this blend is heavy on the Avo. It is predominantly a fresh, green, citrusy scent with a touch of soap and the slightest hint of fresh roses. I would have liked the rose to be more noticeable, but overall it's a great and super strong blend. Overall Grade: A-. Would repurchase.

SGA Pink Chiffon/Chocolate Orchid/Shaving Cream:
So I got this SGA tart Pink Chiffon/Chocolate Orchid/Shaving Cream in a Round Robin box from my wonderful waxy friend nuttycoconut. I can tell you it's not a scent I would have ordered for myself. It sounds like a pretty wacky blend TBH. Shaving cream?? Why is that a thing now? So I am kinda scared of this tart but I decided to give it a shot because it actually smells rather delightful on cold sniff. It opens with the sweet girliness of Pink Chiffon, has middle notes of chocolate and dusky orchid, and closes with a freshness (shaving cream?) that really seems to work. Is SGA a genius?? I've only been melting it about an hour, but it has strong throw, like most SGA tarts. Those that have tried this blend, any thoughts? Overall grade: A. Might purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment