Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews

Kitty's Konfections Pink Panties: This is pink sugar + strawberry + tea & cakes. This blend sounds amazing, but it was rather light on cold sniff and when melting I only got a faint pink/sweet aroma. The individual notes are rather indistinguishable. The same day I also melted her Coconut Delight scent, which I had previously reviewed.It is coconut cream pie and maraschino cherry. I had the same issues with this one; light on cold sniff and fairly light throw. I had melted this scent previously and mentioned the light throw to the vendor and among other things she recommended letting it cure longer. I let it cure for a few more weeks but it doesn't seem to have made a big difference in throw. These are the only two from KK I have had throw issues with so far; the other scents I've melted have been strong and delicious. I look forward to ordering from her again. Overall grade B: probably wouldn't repurchase these scents.

Kitty's Konfections Cabana Spa (Avobath dupe): It's a great Lush dupe scent and I'm getting pretty strong throw from 1/4 tart and lasted about 8-10 hours. So fresh and bright and citrusy! Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Beezy VS Endless Love dupe: It is both fresh and floral in the most delightful way, and 1/4 tart has incredible throw! I've never smelled the original fragrance, so I can't say how accurate of a dupe it is, but it's a surprisingly likable scent to me. Overall grade: A. Might purchase.

Mainstays Sweet Pea 3-wick candle. It has moderate throw and is a sweet, creamy floral, very realistic and lovely. At $3.33 for 11.5 oz it's an amazing value from Walmart and one of my favorite inexpensive candle brands to purchase from. I would repurchase this scent. I get a good 48 hours burn time out of these, so about 12 hours a day for 4 days. Overall grade: A-.

Mainstays Vanilla candle: This is a pretty run of the mill vanilla scent, but it is pleasant and not artificial. It has light to moderate throw and is a great accent candle to go with strong bakery scented tarts. Overall grade: B. Would repurchase.

Pinwheel Polish Coconut Cake: This shop makes both lovely tarts and beautiful nail polishes. My 2 favorite things! The lid came off this particular tart during transit (but it was not damaged) and not only did it scent the entire package, but as soon as my husband brought it inside it scented the whole room too! It had wonderful throw and is the most realistic sweet coconut cake scent I've ever smelled. Heavenly! Sadly the throw was only strong for an hour or two and then became lighter. I can still smell it when I walk past the warmers, but it no longer fills the rooms. Overall grade: A- Might repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment