Monday, June 13, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


Knickknaxwax So White: One nice thing about this tart is it has beautiful blue shimmery glitter sprinkled on top so it's not just basic white. I ordered a Lush dupe sampler from this vendor back in the fall of 2015. I hadn't tried very many Lush dupes at that time, but I found all her tarts to smell wonderful and have fairly strong throw. I would say this vendor did a great job. I dug this one out of the bottom of my stash; I should order more from this vendor. She has some cute chunky heart blends I've been eyeing. On cold this scent smelled creamy and spicy to me with a hint of green herbal. I had never sniffed the Lush scent before so I had to look up the description. It turns out the main notes are apple, neroli oil and bergamot. Now that it's melting I definitely smell the crisp, sweet apple notes, along with cream and herbs and spices. It's a very intriguing and complex aroma; I wouldn't think it would work but it does. I like it a lot. Strong throw that lasted over 12 hours. Overall grade: A. Might repurchase.

Cosmic Gems Lord's Brew: This blend is Lord of Misrule (Lush dupe) plus tea & cakes. To me it smells exactly like creamy pachouli + zucchini bread. If you like warm, non-sweet bakery scents with a bit of spice, you'll love this! It's a very complex and well done blend. Lord of Misrule is described as "Get down and earthy with this mischievous, herbal blend of patchouli, peppercorn and black pepper with an intriguing fair trade vanilla sweetness." The pachouli & peppercorn definitely gives it an edge and the vanilla adds a bit of needed sweet creaminess. It pairs well with the tea and cakes. I think Cosmic Gems is another "hidden gem" type vendor. This tart has very strong throw, as have all the others I've tried from her. This scent lasted all day; very impressive! Her tea & cakes, rose, and lavender blends are especially good! Overall grade: A+. Would repurchase.

Sassy Girl Aroma blend of fuji apple/sweet lavender/marsmallow. On cold sniff it was pretty nice; crisp, juicy apple and sweet creamy lavender. When melting it has strong throw, but has become a bit artificial. It smells like very fruity candy; not getting much of the lavender. It's not bad but I don't absolutely love it either. Strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: B. Probably wouldn't purchase.

Ten Digit Creations (?) Southern Comfort: I don't know exactly how old this wax cup is; it was sent to me by a friend a few months ago, but it definitely looks older. It smells great though! Even though it doesn't have the original label I'm assuming this tart is by Ten Digit Creations because they're the only vendor I know of that makes their wax in silver cupcake tins. I looked on their website for the scent description but didn't find it, so either it's an older, discontinued scent, or I'm mistaken about who makes it.
Anyway, Southern Comfort is a very unique and captivating scent! Since I don't know the notes I will do my best to describe it. It is musky and green/woodsy with hints of bakery sweetness and spice. I would describe it as molasses, whiskey and sagebrush. I wouldn't necessarily think these aromas would be a good combination, but I'm oddly taken with this aroma! Super strong throw so far too. Overall grade: A. Would purchase.
http://img.makeupalley.com/9/7/9/4/2991713.JPEG

No comments:

Post a Comment