Sunday, June 26, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


Waxie Lady Kettle Corn: Got this in an RR box. I love kettle corn and this one is great; realistic and yummy with a strong throw that lasted about 8 hours. I'd be interested in trying more scents from this vendor. Overall grade: A. Might purchase.

Sweet Fixations Mystery Overpour (purple): Got in a swap. It smells good cold, like a fruity/bakery blend but it's hard to pick out individual notes. When melting it smelled more like Nerds or another sugary candy to me. Moderate throw for about 6 hours. Fine for a free sample but I'd be mildly disappointed if I'd purchased it. Overall grade: B. Wouldn't purchase.

FP Salted Caramel Marsmallow Cheesecake: Love this one! Smelled delicious; I definitely got the salted caramel notes and the rich creaminess of cheesecake. When meltings also smelled a hint of cinnamon. So rich and sweet! Had strong throw for about 4 hours and became moderate thereafter.
Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

Sweet Fixations mystery overpour (yellow): This one's good too, smells like a lemon/strawberry/bakery blend. Like the other it had moderate throw for about 6 hours. Overall grade: B+. Might purchase.

Blank Label Joy: is described as "lemon lime soda and rosewater lemonade spritzer." On cold it smells of creamy lemon and floral to me, very bright and cheerful. When melting the lemon lime soda is coming out too; very nice for the first few hours, but after a while the lemon and floral seemed to have kind of a boozy note that I didn't care for. It had strong throw all day, but wasn't my most favorite scent ever. Overall grade: A-. Probably wouldn't purchase.

Swanky Lavender Paris:It smells sooo good! I love sweet lavenders like this. On cold this smelled of sweet lavender mixed with fruity/floral and sweet pastries. A complex but harmonious blend. I've never smelled the original BBW Sweet On Paris so I had to look up the description: "This is a melody of creamy vanilla blended with fruity notes of raspberry, blackberry, lemon, tangerine, apricot, and more. Sugared musk, pink marshmallow, and vanilla infusion evokes a pastry-type scent that’s mellow, soft, warm, and somewhat food-y." Think fruits+bakery+lavender and you've got this tart. I would like the throw to be a little stronger, it's been moderate for several hours, but it's a great tart overall. Overall grade: A-. Might purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment