Monday, June 6, 2016

The Bathing Garden Order Thoughts

This was my first experience ordering wax from The Bathing Garden. I had tried a few samples of TBG wax here and there that were sent to me by friends, but none of those threw really well or were particularly memorable to me. I know others have had issues with the throw of TBG waxes as well, so I was cautious at the idea of ordering. However, TBG has a large fan base as well, and as I read more and more about different vendors they kept reemerging on my radar. Obviously TBG has some of the most beautifully and creatively presented wax there is, so I figured it was time do this vendor justice and order for myself. The TAT was set at 6 weeks, and I'm happy to report I received my order about 5 days sooner than expected. Immediately upon opening the package I was impressed by the most gorgeous beachy aroma. The entire box smelled enchantingly of fresh sea air and driftwood. Plus each item was lovingly wrapped in pretty aqua colored tissue. It all really added to the ambiance of the summer/ocean tart theme. Each piece of wax arrived in perfect condition and is just as beautiful as I'd hoped! So without further ado, on to the important stuff; the scents!

Cold Sniff Thoughts:
Clamshells: 
Brown Sugar Cream & Rose Bouquet:
This was the very first scent I added to my cart and I'm sooo glad I did! It's the most exquisite creamy brown sugar aroma will equal notes of fresh, sweet rose. Absolutely divine! Strong.

Spring Fling: Mmmm... to me this smells like the perfect blend of sweet/tart lemon curd and cream with a fresh mixed floral bouquet. Another winner! Strong.

Starlight Soda Pop: So unique and captivating! Top notes of bubbly, effervescent cream soda, middle notes of butterscotch sauce, and bottom notes of sweet, springy lavender and hints of other florals. Strong.

The Fortune Teller: Dramatic notes of cream soda, sugar milk, creamy, musky sandalwood and other woodsy, earthy undertones. So amazing! Strong.

Serendipity Cream Pie: A most wonderful and realistic coconut cream pie scent with the prominent cherry, almond, and sweet cream notes of Serendipity. Heavy with sweetness, this scent is just on the good side of cloying, but I love it! Strong.

Blueberry Lavender Sugar Cake: I was very excited about this unique blend but I don't detect much blueberry or lavender yet. It smells remarkably like a sweet zucchini bread to me. We shall see what notes come out when melting. Fairly Strong.

Large Shapes:
Calypso (Sand Dollar): I think this is the delightful ocean aroma that was scenting my whole box. I don't always like this type of scent, but on cold sniff it's wonderful! It smells of fresh sea breeze with sagebrush and other clean and woodsy notes. Super strong.

Victorian Midway: an incredible aroma of caramel drizzled pumpkin pie made with aromatic cloves, cinnamon and other spices. One of the most realistic of this type of scent I've ever smelled! In love with it! Super strong!

Free Samples:
Lavender Serenity: A strong, sweet lavender, not overly medicinal, swimming in a pool of sweet cream! Sure to be lovely and relaxing! Strong.

Prosecco Berries: Prominent notes of crisp, bubbly white wine with hints of sweet mixed berries. Very realistic and refreshing!

Looking Glass: Smells like sweet, nearly cloying wildflowers mixed with fruit slices and whipped cream. Super strong; not sure how I feel about it yet.

Summer Melon & Mint: Wow! A super strong herbal mint, like a muddled mint mojito garnished with fresh melon cubes. Impressively realistic and strong. 

Pearls of the Ocean: smells very similar to Caylpso except slightly more powdery and creamy. It has fresh ocean air, sage and greenery notes. Very pleasant. Strong.

Overall I am quite amazed that all these scents are strong on cold sniff. If they are all strong when melting as well, I will be 100% happy with my first TBG ordering experience and would love to order again in the fall. I'm so excited to start melting these scents, it will be difficult to wait but I will give them another week or two of curing for good measure. 

Do any of these scents intrigue you? Which one should I melt first? Have you ordered from TBG? What are your favorite scents?

No comments:

Post a Comment