Saturday, July 23, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


Starry Skies Tropical Fizz (Jamaica Me Crazy +fizzy soda + peach). 
The peach oil this vendor uses seems to be very strong as all the scents that I have tried that contain it are heavy on the peach. Fortunately it is a lovely peach aroma, fresh and juicy, with no "off" notes to me. This blend smells like an effervescent peach soda with a splash of pineapple juice. So refreshing and yummy! Strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Starry Skies Pink Roses (pink raspberry + rose jam).
This is a very unique blend; I've never smelled raspberry and rose together before. On cold I wasn't sure how much I'd like it; the berry was tart and rather heavy, but when melting it brightens up beautifully and the sweet freshness of the rose jam really comes out. I think this is a great blend of fruity and floral. It was fairly strong for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A-. Would repurchase.

SGA Florida Citrus Birthday Cake:
This blend was so yummy! It was a wonderfully bright and sweet fruity/citrus/vanilla cake combo. It reminded me of rainbow sherbet and vanilla cupcakes, so heavenly! It had strong throw for about four hours, but was noticeable nearly all day. Overall grade: A. Would purchase.

Tiffany Candles Cotton Candy:
This was my first time ever trying any scent from Tiffany Candles. On cold it smelled mildly of sweet cotton candy. When melting I couldn't hardly smell it at all. I had to stick my nose right above the warmer to smell anything at all. The performance was obviously disappointing. I received this scent in a destash so I don't know it's age or what condition it was stored in. Some have suggested that cotton candy fragrance oil by itself is generally weak, but I have sniffed some rather strong cotton candy fragrances from other vendors, so I'm not convinced that is the issue. Overall grade C. Would not purchase this scent, but would still like to try other scents from this vendor.

Starry Skies California Dreaming (vanilla smoothie + peach + fizzy soda.) I had high hopes for this scent as the description sounded wonderful and I have had strong throw from all my other scents from this vendor, but it didn't perform quite as well as I thought it would. Smelled moderately of peaches and cream on cold, and threw moderately for about 6 hours. It was still noticeable in my rooms, but not as strong as I'm used to from this vendor. Overall grade: B. Probably wouldn't repurchase.

Cosmic Gems Coffee Bean Ice Cream: another super yummy scent from a vendor I love that ended up under performing. This smelled great on cold, like a yummy iced mocha. I thought it would throw like a beast as coffee scents are usually strong for me and I get good throw from this vendor's wax in general, but the throw was surprisingly moderate. Barely noticeable after 8 hours. Overall grade: B. Probably wouldn't repurchase.

Rosegirls Rainbow Sherbet:
OMG, this smelled so delicious! On cold it had a super sweet, almost artificial candy note but was much creamier when melting and definitely smelled like rainbow sherbet. Had strong throw for about 4 hours and became moderate for the rest of the day. Overall grade: A. Would purchase.

Oak & Rye Pure Maple Butter:
This scent is ridiculously strong; one of the strongest and longest lasting I've melted in a long time! It smells exactly like melted butter and rich maple syrup slathered pancakes. Strong throw all day; could probably even go two days. I was gifted this by a friend; I wish I knew where to purchase it! Overall grade: A+. Would purchase.

1 comment:

  1. Great melts! I had some hits and misses with Tiffany. Love her Serendipity Splash and Birthday Bash scents. Looks like Starry Skies has some great scents. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete