Sunday, August 14, 2016

Product Review: Seche Top & Base Coat

Today I tried some Seche products for the first time: Seche Crystal Clear Base Coat and Seche Vive Instant Gel Effect Top Coat.
The bc was fine, a rather thin, but an adequate base. Next time I might try 2 base coats with this one as I generally prefer a thicker, sturdier base. I prefer my LA Colors Superstrength bc because it's both thick and smooth, only requiring one coat, and it really helps reduce peelies for me. Plus it's cheaper than Seche. So while I'll definitely use up this Seche base, I wouldn't really repurchase it.
The tc I really like a lot. It is quite thick yet not goopy and applied very smoothly. I applied 1 thick coat as per directions. It firmed up quite quickly and was no longer tacky within 5 minutes. About 10 minutes after application I folded some laundry and no dents or dings whatsoever; I'm very impressed. The dried finish does look very much like gel, thick and super shiny and slightly squishy. I will report back on wear, but so far it feels as though it would protect my polish well. I was most concerned about 2 issues I had heard in relation to Seche Vite top coat, which were shrinkage and strong odor. I know this gel formula is new, and I've never tried the regular formula, but I was pleased to find these weren't really issues for me. Some of my nails have maybe a tiny bit of shrinkage around some of the cuticles, but it's barely noticeable. The odor was not particularly noxious; no stronger than any other polish I've used. If you're looking for a high shine, gel like finish for your nails, you may want to try this product. It was my first order from skylinebeautysupply.com and I was very pleased with the site. Received it in under a week and it was well packaged with packing peanuts in a small box.
I'm not yet sure if this is the best top coat I've ever tried, but it's definitely top 3. If I find it plays well with a lot of different polishes I'd definitely repurchase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment