Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


Front Porch S'mores:
A yummy dessert aroma, heavy on the graham cracker with hints of rich, realistic milk chocolate and creamy marsmallow. Had fairly strong throw for about 4 hours and became moderate for the rest of the day. Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

Ten Digit Creations Caramel Macchiato:
A light, creamy coffee aroma with a drizzle of caramel sauce. I would have preferred this scent to be stronger, but if you like your coffee scent more mild you might enjoy it. It had moderate to light throw for about 6-8 hours. Overall grade: B. Would not purchase.

VSC Jackie O In Atlantic City:
The website description is: "Strawberry Peach Snow Taffy Marshmallow Birthday Cake Vanilla Bean Noel." I absolutely love it! To me it was a mixed fruit and creamy vanilla blend, very rich and harmonious. It had strong throw for about 10 hours, a very well done blend. Overall grade: A. Would purchase.

The Scented Squirrel Cracking Fire:
I love this blend. To me it smells like fresh pine, crisp fall leaves, and woodsmoke. It reminds me a lot of the BBW Fireside candle. Strong throw for about 8-10 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

House Of Usher Iceberg:
This blend consists of various spices, orange and cherry. I get the cherry note which reminds me of serendipity, and also a sweet/aquatic note, kind of like blue sugar. Very interesting and pleasant blend. It had strong throw for about 5 hours, becoming more moderate thereafter. Overall grade: A-. Might purchase.

Save Your Scentses Bro: a masculine, cologne type blend. I got both musky/woodsy and aquatic notes from this. Fortunately it was pleasant to me and not too overpowering. Moderate throw for about 8 hours. I must note that I think the super squishy soy wax and the difficult to open single cube packaging is a bad combo. It was very messy and difficult to get out. Overall grade: B. Would not repurchase.

Save Your Scentses Keep Your Cool: this is a quite lovely herbal and citrus blend. It is very bright and fresh with fairly strong throw for about 8 hours. Same issue with the packaging though. Overall grade: B+. Might repurchase.

Candy Panda Key Lime Pie:
Only the second Candy Panda melt I've tried, but I'm impressed so far. I was excited to receive a couple of scents in a destash while I'm waiting for my first CP order to arrive. Despite the broken lid on this one, it had fairly strong throw for about 8-10 hours. It was a nice tart, creamy lime scent with a hint of flaky pie crust. Very realistic and yummy! Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Sassy Girl Aroma Pink Sugar Sleepytime:
I had read rave reviews about this scent and was excited to try it. I is a nice pink sugar, more mellow and lightly sweet, not too spicy, blended with a nice sweet lavender. It was quite lovely and relaxing, but not super unique. The throw was a little less strong than I'm used to from SGA; it was moderate for about 8 hours. Overall grade: B+. Might purchase.

The Bathing Garden Lavender Serenity: this heart shape is adorable and this little sample packs a powerful punch! It is a strong herbal lavender, well balanced by a mellow sweet creamy note. Strong throw all day. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Candles From The Keeping Room Midnight Ambers:
Website description: "Imagine sitting by a winter hearth with crackling pine, evergreen twigs and warm spices like cinnamon bark and clove buds. All snuggled seamlessly in a base of robust patchouli leaf with an ever so slight hint of citrus peel."
To me on cold i got amber/musky notes with hints of orange and spice. When melting the pine and orange became more prominent. This is a wonderfully warm, woodsy orange aroma! Strong throw for several hours. Overall grade: A. Would purchase.

The Bathing Garden The Smitten Diaries:
Website description: "Coconut flakes, golden vanilla, and whipped cream is kissed with a garden of white winter flowers." Mmmmm... the coconut and vanilla are so decadent and delicious here, and I do get pleasant hints of fresh white floral too. Strong throw for several hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment