Thursday, September 22, 2016

Fall Feels

I woke up today on the first official day of fall and the weather was absolutely perfect! Two nights ago we heard the season's first pitter patter of fat rain drops on the roof, and today is the first day in over 6 months that the daytime temps will be in the 70's; hooray! (I refuse to think about the fact that it will go back up to the high 90's later in the week.) 

I feel like nature handed me a gift of perfect weather here on the autumnal equinox and it's got me feeling nostalgic. To celebrate I would like to share a little poem I wrote back in high school about this glorious season that's always captivated me. I took photography classes back in high school and I loved walking around the campus in the fall especially and taking cool photos of things like blazing fall foliage from an interesting perspective or reflections in puddles, so that's kind of what this poem is about.

The Electric Hues of Truth

Autumn foliage 
Ablaze in glory 
As I attempt 
To tell my story 

The young photographer 
Strolls alone
Searching for 
A truth of gold

Working to define
A higher life
Has always helped 
To soothe my strife

Won by pen or lens
My creations 
Have become 
My salvation 

Mirrored reflections 
Of lofty heights 
Digging beyond 
The average sight

Ensconced in what 
We think we see
Many take 
No time to be

Pathway to heaven 
Grand as a throne
Tree and puddle
Shine like a stone

Lift your eyes 
To the truth within 
Beauty that lies
In everyday things

- Amanda Culp

I'll leave you with this little gem I poached from Facebook.
What are some of your favorite fall memories, photos, treasures? What feelings does fall evoke in you?

1 comment: