Friday, September 2, 2016

Fall Fun Series


Hello there friends! This will be a new post series that myself, and a bunch of old and new blogging friends will be engaging in this autumn season. We will be covering our fall wax melts, candles, recipes, decorations, and more. Please feel free to join us in the comments when we post by telling us what you are melting or creating or loving this fall. If you are a blogger and would like to join us please let us know and we will send you the schedule of posts. Please welcome the following bloggers and check out their posts as well which will generally post Monday and Friday starting September and ending the day after Thanksgiving (some may post on different days or times):

Amanda at ThriftyPolished
Jessica at The Meltdown Blog
Lauren at LoloLovesScents
Liz at Furianne
Sandra at Finger Candy
Stephanie at Imperfectly Painted
Sunnee at Our Sunny Life

To kick off the first post we will do a Fall Tag!

1. What is your favorite thing about fall?


Me: Everything! What's not to love? But if I had to pick a few aspects, the month of October is my favorite month. Not only is it my birthday and anniversary month, but where I live (central California) the weather finally becomes comfortable and not ridiculously hot. The smog lifts and the air becomes crisp and the skies brighter blue. So events, weather, and general vibe; I love everything about fall!


2. Do you get fall colors where you live?


Me: Yes! Although not as brilliantly as some east coast states. I've had the pleasure of experiencing the turning of the leaves in many different states, and although the foliage is quite vibrant in my part of California, nothing quite compares to the stellar show of autumn in states like New York or Pennsylvania. My ultimate fall dream is to spend time at a bed and breakfast in Vermont during fall; I hear it's beyond compare!

3. Favorite fall scent (wax, or anything)?


Me: Pumpkin Pecan Waffles (Bath & Body Works products and various vendor dupes) is a staple in my home every fall. I have also been absolutely obsessed with Pumpkin Coconut since last fall when BBW released a 3-wick candle in this scent! This year I plan to look for pumpkin coconut blends in every product imaginable! Feel free to tell me about your favorite pumpkin blends and products in the comments; I'm always on the hunt!


4. Favorite fall food or drink?


Me: I'm a basic girl in that I enjoy all things pumpkin! I can't get enough of fall beverages, including Starbucks famous Pumpkin Spice Latte and Caramel Brûlée Latte. At home I enjoy Oregon Chai Vanilla Chai latte mix (the best brand of chai tea in my humble opinion,) and I've also loved hot apple cider since childhood. For food, literally any pumpkin baked good. Pumpkin pie is a classic staple of course, but I also adore pumpkin cream cheese muffins and pumpkin scones. I also enjoy many apple and cranberry desserts as well, and I can't forget s'mores. Mmmm...s'mores. For non-dessert foods, I'm a huge fan of soups such as Zuppa Toscana (sausage and potato), and corn chowder. I also loooove butternut squash ravioli in a cream sauce. Clearly there's a reason I'm not particularly thin, haha.


5. Football.....yay or nay?


Me: Meh. I enjoy watching football in person, such as local high school or college games where I know people and have a team to root for, but I could not be less interested in watching football on TV. The only game I will watch is the Super Bowl because I enjoy the excitement and party atmosphere.


6. Do you rake, jump in, or burn piles of leaves?


Me: Ummm... they generally stay on the ground around our house. We're not huge lawn maintenance people out here on 10 acres in the middle of nowhere.


7. Haunted house or corn maze?


Me: Both! I find fall activities fun and have never actually been to a corn maze. It's been many years since I've been in a haunted house either; I should really do both this year.


8. Have you ever gone on a hayride?


Me: Yes, but again it's been many years. As a child I remember them being fun, but the hay bales were kind of stabby.


9. Cider or hot chocolate?
Me: I honestly can't choose. I'm an equal opportunity flavor lover.


10. Carve a pumpkin or eat pumpkin pie?


Me: Based on my previous answers I'm sure you can probably guess: pumpkin pie!


11. Do you dress up for Halloween?


Me: Not anymore. I don't get trick-or-treaters where I live, nor do I have children or go to Halloween parties. I think haven't worn a costume since the 8th grade. I stay at home on Halloween and eat candy and watch spooky things from the couch.


12. Candy corn.....yay or nay?


Me: Love it! Apparently I can't get enough of sickeningly sweet sugar bits and corn syrup.


13. Favorite Halloween movie?


Me: Probably Hocus Pocus, although I can't believe I just watched it for the first time last year! I now understand the hype.

14. Scariest movie?


Me: I am not a fan of hardcore horror movies. Bless The Child scarred me for life; it should not have been allowed at a pre-teen sleepover, LOL.


15. Halloween or Thanksgiving?


Me: I have to go with Thanksgiving because I so enjoy the closeness of getting together with family, and of course the good food.


16. Do you watch the Macy's parade?


Me: Not in many years.


17. Apple pie or pumpkin pie?


Me: I go pumpkin. My hubby goes apple, so of course we have to have both.


18. White or dark meat?


Me: White meat, but only if it's moist.


19. Jellied or real cranberry sauce?


Me: Either, though I would choose real if both were available.


20. Will you host or travel for Thanksgiving this year?


Me: My immediate family all lives within a few miles so not too far.

How about you? Join us by giving some of your fall tag answers! Next post we will feature our fall melting stash.

3 comments:

  1. Girl you are right, we both love the fall foods!! I will have to look for that chai of which you speak so highly. I love chai. No shame in my PSL game either. One fo my first horror movies was the Cat's Eye with Drew Barrymore and the gnome/goblin who tried to suck her life out of her nose. Awful movie for a kid to watch. But I did love cats ever since. Enjoy your fall!! Hope you can catch a hayride or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss that pumpkin coconut candle last year! It sounds amazing.
    We are most definitely food twins :)
    I loved getting to know you better with this Q&A!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm definitely hoping to find the Oregon Chai sounds great, and soup is also my fave fall staple food (not Zuppa Toscana though, too many years working at the Olive Garden) Looking forward to more in the series-jaybird

    ReplyDelete