Monday, October 17, 2016

Fall Fun Series: Fall Vendor Highlights

I love to try new wax vendors and I would like to highly a couple of lesser known wax vendors I found on Etsy. The first is called Chrislan Candles. You can check out their Etsy shop here.
I was interested in them because they have soy wax clamshells and wood wick candles at quite low prices. Wax clams are $2 each and 8 oz mason jar wood wick candles are only $5.75.

I ordered 2 candles in Pumpkin Creme Brûlée and Sugar Cookie scents. I also ordered 4 clams in Pumpkin Creme Brûlée, Michigan Maple, Twilight Woods and Lemon Soufflé.
I have already burned through both of the candles and performance wise the woodwicks did quite well. The had a deep, even wax pool and provided a nice ambiance, although they did not crackle as much as other brands I've tried. I would say I got a good 48 or more hours of burn time out of each candle. Throw wise the Sugar Cookie was a pleasant but ordinary vanilla scent. It had light throw with the occasional moderate whiff. I would have preferred the scent to be stronger, but it's nice to burn with accompanying tart scents.
The Pumpkin Creme Brûlée scent had strong throw, but the scent itself was not quite what I expected.  It was more of a pumpkin pie spice type scent that sometimes smelled burnt. I know Creme Brûlée can have a burnt note but I was hoping for more of a rich caramel type pumpkin. I didn't hate it but didn't love it either. I also tried the tart in this scent; same scent with a strong theme that lasted a good 8 hours.

I have yet to try the other three tart scents. On cold sniff, Michigan Maple puzzles me; I don't get any maple syrup from it at all, just a faint apple aroma. Twilight Woods smells quite nice, similar to the BBW scent, woodsy and perfumey. The Lemon Soufflé smells like a strong, tart lemon bakery scent.

Overall I would order the woodwick candles again because I enjoyed them and they're so inexpensive, but in different scents to try and find ones I like more. The jury is out on the wax melts until I try all the scents, but I'd probably give them another shot and try some more scents.

Next I'd like to feature Handmade Prim. You can view their Etsy shop here. They are another vendor that has inexpensive wax. 2 small tarts or 1 regular size are around $1.35. 4 oz candles are $4.25. 

This order full of fall goodies is my 3rd from Handmade Prim and overall I'm pleased with their items. I love the rustic way in which they decorate their wax melts. The wax is very soft though and quite susceptible to heat and pressure so most of my melts have ended up squished. I've enjoyed the scents I've tried from my previous orders. Most had a moderate throw. I haven't yet tried the wax scents from this order, but on cold sniff my favorite is the peppermint bark. It looks and smells just like the real thing! I did melt the Maple Pumpkin Syrup candle and it smelled nice, mostly of maple with very little pumpkin and light to moderate throw. It took it a few hours to build a deep even wax pool, but no problems with drowning wicks. I got approximately 30 hours of burn time from it.

Have you tried either of these vendors? Do they interested you? What are some of your favorite lesser known wax vendors?

6 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of either of these vendors, but I love the look of Handmade Prim's products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried Handmade Prim from one you sent me. It threw very nice. Loving the price for those woodwick candles. But yes, i like my woodwicks to crackle like mad!! Nice hauls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always pulled in by Handmade Prim's packaging, but the ones I've been gifted have been hit or miss on throw. I saw you've tried Lovely Soy Creations and wonder how you like their melts? I was thinking of getting custom candles as gifts from them. Have you tried their candles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I've mixed up Lovely Soy creations w/a different vendor you posted. Oops, nevermind the above ?

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recipes for Yankee candles can be used to make two candles of the same shape and color if you have the same mold. One of the most beautiful things about Yankee candles is that the colors don't just change; they blend together. For more information about yankee candles you can Contact Us | XTC Local that will help you.

    ReplyDelete