Sunday, October 16, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


Kitty's Konfections Ares' Dessert (caramel ice cream chocolate swirl waffle cone): This was such a delicious scent that had strong throw for about 10 hours. Rich caramel opening notes with hints of chocolate and bakery. Not artificial or overwhelming at all. It's a shame this vendor had problems and I won't be able to repurchase this scent. Overall grade: A.

Glade Hit The Road: a strong scent of pine and fresh air with a hint of apple. This scent had strong throw that lasted all day but it was almost too overwhelming for me and a bit artificial. Overall grade: B. Would not purchase.

Beezy French Baguette: this is the delicious scent of fresh baked sourdough bread and a great BBW dupe. 1/4 tart had strong throw for about 6 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Rosegirls Cider Lane: I was excited for it as I'd heard raves about this scent, but it was disappointing to me. It had very little throw and what I could smell was a vague plasticy apple which I hate, with very little spice. I received this in a destash, so I don't know how old it is or how it was stored. I assumed the bag was polypropylene; I have other RG scents in the same type of bag that seem to be fine. But perhaps it is not and the bag sucked the scent out?
Can anyone who's smelled RG Cider Lane share what it's supposed to smell like? Overall grade: D. Would purchase from the vendor, but did not enjoy this sample.

Swanky Pink Sugar: a typical pink sugar scent. Very pleasant and sweet. Moderate throw for about 8 hours. I enjoyed it but it's not special or unique. Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

Flaming Star Scents Lemonade Koolaid Cake: a yummy blend of sweet fruity and vanilla bakery notes. Moderate throw for about 8 hours. I like it a lot, but it's not the best fruity bakery blend I've ever smelled. Overall grade: B+. Probably wouldn't purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment