Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


SGA Crisp Apple Rose: this is a unique and refreshing scent with juicy, realistic apple and fresh rose floral. It smells lovely! Had fairly strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A. Would purchase.

SGA Zombie Crunch: This is a great, well balanced berry and vanilla bakery blend. Smells just like Capt'n Crunch Berries cereal to me, yum! One of my favorites from SGA and berries are hit or miss for me. Strong throw for about 10 hours. Overall grade: A+. Would repurchase.

Scented Bliss Melts The Archer: described notes of "tobacco leaf, orange zest, oak, patchouli and sweet caramel."
It smells pleasantly masculine to me; musky and woodsy with hints of tobacco smoke and a slight sweetness. I liked this scent a lot and was pleased with the scent interpretation of the character of Daryl from TWD. Moderate throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A-. Would repurchase.

Live Love Wax Co Apple Zucchini Noel:
Top notes of crisp apple with a light baked zucchini bread aroma. I would have liked this blend to be a little more balanced, but it did smell good. Moderate throw for about 6-7 hours. Overall grade: B+. Might repurchase.

Kitty's Konfections Fancy A Drink (watermelon jolly rancher + lemonade): This is a yummy sweet watermelon candy scent with a twist of tart lemonade. Smells great with strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A. Cannot repurchase because company is no longer in business.

Kitty's Konfections Food Coma (popcorn + glazed donuts.): a yummy scent of cinnamon sugar type donuts but very little popcorn scent, just a slight hint of butter. Moderate throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: B+. Cannot repurchase because company is no longer in business.

Candles From The Keeping Room Winter Cabin: a fresh air over crisp newly fallen snow with wood and woodsmoke aroma. Moderate throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

2 comments:

  1. So, is Kitty's Konfections taking a break (indefinite?) Or did she announce she was going out of business? Some of the postings and comments were getting...confusing. I quit following on IG, so I may have missed it.
    I got Winter Cabin from CFTKR but not sure that I like the cold throw��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some day you're going to have to let us know what on earth happened there. I'm not on IG, but I used to be (and I remember some of the players) but this all just seemed super wacky.

      Delete