Friday, December 30, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


Universal Voodoo Light Years: "Light Years is Lemon, Sandalwood, Geranium, Lavender, Basil." I had never tried this brand before but had heard they are known for their especially unique wax and perfume blends. A waxy friend sent this tart to me and I have to agree, it is quite unique. It's sharp and citrusy and spicy to me. I'd guess blood orange and patchouli with a dusting of fresh wild herbs. It had very strong throw for a good 8 hours. Definitely a departure from the usual type of scents I enjoy but it wasn't unpleasant. Overall grade: A-. Probably wouldn't repurchase.

Kitty's Konfections Christmas Morning: fresh baked cookies, peppermint and pine trees. A wonderful and whimsical winter blend. I get all the notes, sweet, fresh and minty and they're very harmonious. Fairly strong throw for about 8 hours. This was much enjoyed by myself and my guests on Christmas day. I'm sad I cannot repurchase this scent since the business is closed. I may try doing a custom blend of it from another vendor. Overall grade: A.

Kitty's Konfections Christmas Miracles: cotton candy frosting, peppermint and vanilla bean noel. A decadent blend; warm vanilla and thick frosting with a sweet candy cane peppermint note. O love it! Fairly strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A. Cannot repurchase.

Starry Skies Winter Magic: bayberry, tinsel, vanilla cake pops. This is one of the strangest yet oddly captivating wax blends I've ever smelled. I'm not sure what bayberry or tinsel are supposed to smell like, but this blend translated into something like a wild berry banana bread to my nose. Odd but I like it! Strong throw that lasted all day. Overall grade: A-. Fun but I probably wouldn't repurchase it.

BHG Sugared Maple & Evergreens. I adore this blend and it was just as I hoped it would be. Sweet maple sugar well blended with fresh evergreen needles. Strong throw that lasted all day. Overall grade: A+. Would repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment