Friday, December 2, 2016

Wax Advent Day 2

Today's The Scented Squirrel advent scent is Sugar Cookie- freshly baked sugar cookies with a touch of butter and sweet vanilla.
I adore a good sugar cookie scent and this one is quite nice. On cold it has a touch of peppermint to my nose, along with the rich, buttery vanilla cookie and just a pinch of spice. Funny that I'm smelling notes that aren't listed, but it definitely smells good enough to eat!

I had a lovely day yesterday with both my family and my husband's. November 30th was my mom's birthday and we went out to celebrate yesterday with lunch at Denny's and tea and dessert at an Asian/French fusion themed tea house called Sno-Crave. It was a new experience for mom and dad; mom chose a hot honey ginseng tea and a decadent tiramisu which she thoroughly enjoyed. I got my usual favorites of Thai iced tea and cream brûlée. The best part was probably the look on my dad's face when he tried boba tea. "They're like squishy gummy bears!" My family is a hoot.

We were certainly well fed yesterday; we also had a lovely enchilada dinner with my husband's parents and brother who was visiting from out of town. My MIL's cat Tabitha was the life of the party, entertaining us with her playing and sleeping antics.

What have you been melting these first couple days of December? Any fun family activities?

No comments:

Post a Comment