Saturday, December 24, 2016

Wax Advent Day 24

I can't believe this is my last wax advent post already! I have thoroughly enjoyed coming up with a little something to right about every day. I hope you enjoyed reading these posts. I'm not sure what post Christmas and the new year will hold as far as content, but I will definitely still be taking a stab at this blogging thing; if not daily then at least a few times a week. It looks like I may become a new member to a monthly Band of Bloggers series with some of my bloggy friends, so I am excited to see what's in store.

Now for the final scent from The Scented Squirrel Advent Calendar! Warm Vanilla Sugar Plums- sweet plums, warm vanilla sugar and musk. A warm, sweet and fruity blend; very pleasant.

I spent most of yesterday at home hunkered down against the rain, but I did manage to get some cleaning done and my oil diffuser necklaces arrived so I tried out making my first blend. 

I did a couple drops of clove oil and and a couple of sweet orange and had the oddest reaction to the aroma. It smelled just like a sweet and spicy barbecue sauce to me, haha! Not exactly what I was going for. I added a couple drops of cedar wood oil and it added some woodsmoke to the sauce, lol. I definitely don't think I'd  do this scent combo again, but the necklace is diffusing quite nicely; the oils are noticeable but not too in your face. The only thing I don't like about the necklace is it will be very difficult to change the felt ball inside; I actually think the hinge was made incorrectly. It is really pretty though. I am excited to try other blends.

I'm ready and excitedly awaiting Christmas; how about you?

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Oh no! BBQ!!! That is funny! A lot of the teachers in the school I work at use the orange and clove mixture to keep sickness and flu at bay. I have no idea if it actually works because we were all sick right before school let out. Your necklace looks cute though and I bet the peppermints and lavenders will be calming and soothing. I hope you had a good Christmas and looking forward to 2017 and Band of Bloggers with you.

    ReplyDelete