Friday, January 13, 2017

BBW Candle Reviews

Twisted Peppermint- A wonderful pure peppermint aroma. Strong throw, excellent performance. If you want a straight up herbal mint scent this fits the bill. Overall grade: A. Might repurchase.

Vanilla Balsam- Another strong and pleasant scent. A crisp conifer tree scent with a touch of wood shavings, rounded out by a touch of warm, not too sweet vanilla. I find the regular Balsam candle a bit too pungent for me but love the balance with the vanilla in this one. Well burning candle, no performance issues. Overall grade: A+ Would repurchase.

Marshmallow Fireside: my most favorite of all the BBW winter scents! I'm glad my hubby forgot he said this scent smelled like "bad pine air freshener" and he now claims to like it, haha! It's such an innovative blend of sweet, gooey toasted marshmallows, woodsmoke and pine needles. It comes together so well; no wonder it has been duped so much! It's also strong and fills a room. I've almost completely burned through this candle and no performance issues. Overall grade: A+.

Toasted Graham Latte- I was very excited about this scent but it's performance was surprisingly disappointing. It did smell like graham crackers, sort of a cinnamon sugar bakery scent but the coffee note wasn't really present and the throw was rather light. Most BBW candles fill my rooms but I had to hover right above this one to get any scent. Other than weak throw, the candle did not have any performance issues. Overall grade: C. Wouldn't repurchase.
Hot Cocoa & Cream- I read a lot of good reviews about this candle and I'm pleased to report I really enjoy it. If you like chocolate in home fragrance, this is a strong, realistic and creamy milk chocolate scent. Good throw and and no performance issues. Overall grade: A+. Would repurchase.

Relax Lavender & Vanilla- This is a very soothing and pleasant lavender aroma, not too herbal. Fairly strong throw, although after burning for several hours it did start smelling slightly chemical; the jar probably got too hot. Very nice overall though. Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

Creamy Nutmeg- another scent I was quite excited about that was disappointing. On cold it was a wonderful creamy and spicy scent, similar to horchata or milky chai tea. When melting though the throw was rather light. Another scent where I had to hover directly above the candle to smell it. No other performance problems and the lacy jar design was so pretty. Overall grade: C. Wouldn't repurchase.

Buttercream Icing: On cold sniff this was a delightfully decadent vanilla frosting type scent. I have a problem with BBW vanilla scents in that they begin to smell artificial and chemical like when melting. This candle did that a bit, but fortunately not so much as some other scents I've melted in the past. Otherwise a good performing candle with moderate throw. Overall grade: B. Probably wouldn't repurchase.

1 comment:

  1. Marshmallow Fireside must be the anti-husband scent, because when I asked mine what he thought about it (I think it smells like a holiday party, the scent of cologne and candles mingling) he said sure, it smells like a party, but one of those ones where some douche wearing too much body spray shows up and tries to bang every available woman in the coatroom. Ha!

    ReplyDelete