Saturday, January 21, 2017

January 2017 Goals Progress: Week 3

I must say, having concrete goals for my day to day life is helping me feel more grounded and motivated.

Three weeks in and still standing strong on my no buy! I even went to a large mall I don't usually frequent and while my hubby was at an Apple seminar I looked around in all my favorite stores. I found they had a Lush that I never realized was there. I would have loved some rose jam scented products but I can't really justify the price. I did have fun conversations with some of the employees and got to sniff some nice products. I also browsed in Bath & Body Works, Sephora and Forever 21 and was pleasantly surprised that I wasn't tempted to buy anything.

My food goals of cutting back on sugar and cooking more are going pretty well. I did have a cheat day where I went out for pizza and ice cream with hubby, but I think indulging every once in a while isn't bad. Have you ever tried Thrifty brand ice cream from Rite Aid? It's my favorite! Lots of decadent flavors; this one is Chocolates Malted Crunch. I'm actually pleased I only got one scoop, in the past I would often get two.

This week's recipes have been quite tasty!
For breakfast I'm doing Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal . I'm proud of the fact it doesn't have added sugar and is just sweet enough to be satisfying. I would definitely recommend this recipe.

For lunch I'm doing a long time favorite salad, Apple Feta Pecan Salad

Dinners are a wonderfully delicious and fresh Spinach and Artichoke Pasta and a not so healthy but favorite craving, Honey Walnut Shrimp.

Dessert is these under 60 calories Angel Food Cupcakes. Mine did not rise very well but they do taste yummy.

Have you tried any new recipes this week? Are you working on any personal goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment