Saturday, May 6, 2017

Recent Wax Reviews


LSC Lemon Custard Cookies: one of the strongest and yummiest lemon scents I've melted! A decadent lemon bar type aroma, both sweet and tart. Strong throw for 10 hours. Overall grade: A+ Would repurchase.

Candles From The Keeping Room Lemon Meringue Pie: another delicious and realistic sweet, creamy lemon blend! Fairly strong throw for about 8 hours. Adorable pie shape. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Pearl Rose Candle Co Let It Go: inspired by a certain movie of course. It's a pleasant scent; florals, perfumey musk and soft woods to my nose. Fairly strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

Super Tarts Lucky Lemons: a delicious lemon and warm pastry type scent. Unfortunately the throw was moderate to light for a few hours. This is an older looking tart that I received in a destash. Would love to try it fresh since I hear raves about it. Overall grade: B+. Would repurchase.

Kitty's Konfections Admit One- fizzy cola and vanilla ice cream. A realistic cola float type scent, both bubbly and creamy. Strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A. Cannot repurchase.

Glitterati Lemon Toasted Coconut Cookie: I sure melted some great lemon scents this week! This is a wonderfully rich lemon with creamy tropical coconut. Strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Destination Wax Thai Sticky Rice: a unique gourmand scent. I'm not sure what rice would smell like generally as a fragrance note because this is my first encounter with it, but I really like this scent! It is slightly sweet and almost breadlike; it reminds me of the warm rice with milk and brown sugar my mom used to serve me as a kid. After several hours I also got an almost kettle corn type of scent. I would highly recommend this for those that like unique foody scents. Fairly strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Hayden Rowe Hazelnut Coffee: not a super robust coffee blend, more of a sweet hazelnut creamer type with a bit of coffee and spice. Strong throw for about 6-7 hours. Overall grade: A-. Would repurchase.

Destination Wax Lavender Manuka Honey: a fabulous blend! Lavender is herbal and slightly powdery; honey is rich and earthy and very strong. A very realistic and unusual blend. Strong throw for about 9 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Candles From The Keeping Room Spiced Coquito: a delectable spiced bakery type blend. Strong throw for about 10 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Candy Panda Pumpkins In Paris: a creamy pumpkin purée with strong pumpkin spice and warm bakery notes. Makes me hungry and longing for fall. Super strong throw for 10+ hours. Overall grade: A+. Would repurchase.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, this is exciting because I either have some of these or want them. The LSC sounds pretty darn good, I was mistakenly sent the Lemon Custard Cookies with my order and I haven't been into lemon scents lately but your description could turn me around. My sis has Let It Go and I have to try it, sounds just like my type. The lemon coconut really sounds excellent but I don't think I'll ever have the chance at elusive Glitterati.
    Two brands I've been eyeing are DW and HR, I can't buy any wax till at least late June, maybe later, but DW will be one I'll go for when I'm ready to buy again. Sticky Rice and Manuka Lavender for me! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete