Friday, June 9, 2017

Perfume Review: Purr by Katy Perry

This fragrance has been on my wishlist for a couple of years now. I had asked for it for Christmas but my hubby wasn't able to find it in any stores locally so when I saw it on Ebay recently for under $10 I snapped it up. I bought this 1.7 oz 50ml bottle for $9.45 an free shipping. I ordered on a Thursday and it arrived on a Monday. It was in perfect condition and new in a sealed box. The box design amuses me.
Like the image this is a very sultry type fragrance. From reading reviews I thought  this would be a much sweeter, more juvenile fragrance but it was hardly sweet at all to me. It was deeply perfumey and musky, with hints of florals and warm amber. It had the slightest touch of juicy ripe plums but the fruit and vanilla accords were not nearly as prominent as I thought they'd be. A very sensual and deep fragrance but not super complex. I like it on me and am glad I purchased it, but am not head over heals for it. Moderate sillage and it lingered on the skin for about 3 hours.

Fragrantica.com lists the notes as:
"The composition of Katy Perry Purr is developed by Firmenich perfumer house, combining top notes of peach, forbidden apple, gardenia and green bamboo with the heart of jasmine, pink freesia and Bulgarian rose and the base of vanilla orchid, creamy sandalwood, white amber, coconut and musk."
Have you ever ordered a fragrance mainly for the decorative bottle? I have to admit I did that here. I don't care if you think the purple cat with diamond eyes and a blinged out collar is tacky; I adore it! I like the fragrance but I love the cat. I am definitely thinking of getting it's companion fragrance, Meow, in a pink cat bottle.

Have you ever tried this fragrance? Do you have a favorite decorative fragrance bottle?

No comments:

Post a Comment