Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Summer Hiatus


Guys... the extremely hot weather of late has been ruining my favorite hobbies. I am having a lot of trouble painting my nails because the polish thickens and becomes goopy in the heat and then bubbles if fans or air conditioning blow on it.
I can really only enjoy wax in the early morning hours because I can't smell it at all during the heat of the day. I also can't really burn candles because my fans keep blowing them out. 
It's even causing my DVR recorder to overheat and fail to record some of my favorite shows. Basically the weather is all bad right now and will be so intermittently for the next 4 months or so.
All of this makes me sad because not only am I bored and hot, but I may have to put some of my favorite posts, mainly wax reviews and NOTD's on hiatus for the summer. When the weather dips below 100°f I may still be able to share some with you, but they will be less frequent. I don't want to review or share posts about anything that is less than my best effort. If I can't properly smell the wax or paint with the polish I can't rightly review it.
Don't worry, I won't be MIA altogether. I will still be posting about other things, and in fact I have some summer fashion posts I'm excited to share with you. But I may not have enough things to discuss to have a new post every day.
It bums me out because I have been on such a blogging roll the last couple of months and was really enjoying writing daily. Please don't abandon me altogether; I will be back to regularly scheduled programming eventually.

Sweatily yours- Amanda 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I hate to hear you are having so many problems with the extreme heat. I hope things get better for you soon and that the weather cools off. Maybe do a little rain dance in hopes for rain! :P
    Ooo some fashion post seem intriguing! Cant wait to see what you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been so hot here that our a/c cannot keep up with the rising heat outside. We will set the a/c pretty low, maybe 74 degrees or so, but the inside temp just keeps rising. It's terrible. Looking forward to your fashion posts! -Alyssa

    ReplyDelete