Thursday, August 3, 2017
Band Of Bloggers August 2017 Vol. 20
Pop quiz, hotshot: How well do you know your favourite Band of Bloggerette? Sure, we're all reasonably up to date on each other's interests, hobbies and the pretty, glittery things that make our hearts go pitter pat, but when it comes to the vitally important markers of a person's character - favourite band, desert island scent, fight stance in the zombie apocalypse - how well do we truly know our virtual neighbours? :) Let's delve into 10 deeply random questions and find out, shall we?
1. No really, zombie apocalypse survival strategy: Fight or flight?
Flight first, then fight if absolutely necessary. Avoid heavily populated areas at all costs because not only will there be more zombies roaming the cities, but you're also more likely to encounter looters and other no good types. I think we would have an advantage because we live in the country and my family are actually preppers and we have quite a few resources at our disposal. Not expecting the zombie apocalypse to happen but you never know when some other disaster might, and it's best to be prepared without being paranoid. I can't believe I've legitimately thought about all this, haha.
2. You've been a bad, bad kitty and you have just one final meal coming your way. What's on your plate?
Definitely surf & turf! I would desire a lobster tail dripping with butter, succulent shrimp scampi, the most perfectly cooked tender medium rare New York Strip steak, and maybe some grilled lamb and veggie kabobs. Loaded mashed potato and a greek salad on the side. Plus you can't skip a decadent dessert: some of my favorites are cremè brûlée, chocolate mousse and coconut cream pie. I feel like some booze would be required for a last meal, maybe a mojito or a margarita. And lots and lots of ice water. Maybe I could stall my execution by saying I have to pee...
3. Aside from wax (or nail polish, or crafting supplies, or beauty products) what item do you have major multiples of?
Well, aside from my 350+ nail polishes, dozens of lotions and perfumes, and 2 bins of wax, I'm not sure. Do clothes count? I certainly have plenty of clothes, bags, shoes, jewelry, and I've recently been collecting Lularoe brand items.
And books. Do books count? I'm sure lots of people have multiple clothing items and books; I suppose my collections are rather mundane and feminine, but at least they're useful if not particularly unique. I would probably collect a lot of knick knacks if I had more space. Maybe it's a blessing.
4. You've just won the lottery. Before best friends you didn't even know you had begin to show up on your doorstep, what's the first thing you buy without even thinking twice?
A custom designed beach house. Then a ridiculously overpriced Chanel handbag.
5. Biggest celebrity crush? This can be anybody - an actress, a musician, a fictional character from a favourite movie, book or television show, or maybe even an historical figure.
Gosh, I'm trying to think. I haven't really had a particular "crush" since I was a teen. I am partial to abs and biceps so I do find myself crushing on male dancers in shows like Dancing With The Stars and So You Think You Can Dance. I enjoy the acting and visual of Wentworth Miller (Michael Schoffield on Prison Break,) but of course he's gay in real life, so there's that...
The original show and the recent reboot are both really good; you should check it out if you haven't already.
6. Flats or heels? Or are you running barefoot through life like some sort of hippie?
Flats all the way! I'm the exact same height as my hubby so I wouldn't really enjoy towering over him. Plus life's too short for painful shoes.
7. Whether it was created through a , customs order or simple pick-and-mix blending at home, what's the greatest scent blend you've ever stumbled upon?
Oh goodness! I really love creative scent blends, but a couple favorites I keep coming back to pumpkin coconut (BBW), rose jam, tea & cakes, sugar cookie (my creation.) I also recently suggested a coconut lavender shaving cream to a vendor looking for blend ideas, so I hope that becomes a thing!
8. It's snack time! Are you reaching for the sweet or the salty?
Both! My two biggest weaknesses are potato chips and sweets of almost any kind.
9. What's a personal style moment you'd never care to re-live?
Hmmm... those rubber jelly bracelets from the early 2000's, paired with store brand tees like O'neill or Abercrombie. *shudders*
10. You are going to live in a biodome beneath the sea for the next three years and have been allotted space for just ONE book (tiny dome!) What cherished book will keep you entertained for the next 1095 days?
Ummm... an e-reader with hundreds of books? If that's not an option, something really long but entertaining, possibly one of those 3-1 trilogy tomes.
If you'd like to play along at home, please feel free to answer these questions in the comment section below, and we hope you'll visit these Band of Blogger blogs and help support the blogger community!
Amanda at Thrifty Polished
Deb at It's Always Something
Jaybird at The Candle Enthusiast
Jessica at The Meltdown Blog
Julie at The Redolent Mermaid
Lauren at LoloLovesScents
Liz at Furianne
Sandra at Finger Candy
If you are a blogger and would like to join the Band of Bloggers for our monthly posts, please contact us.