Thursday, August 17, 2017

Gym Blurb & Fun Patterns

So despite all the time I generally spend lounging on the couch, watching TV, reading, and writing these posts, I actually really enjoy excercise especially in a group setting. A couple years ago I had a three month guest membership to a local In Shape City gym and I just loved it. I tried a variety of classes including yoga, Tai Chi and water aerobics, as well as various piece of exercise equipment.

Recently my in-laws were able to get a membership through their insurance as part of physical and for recent shoulder and knee surgeries so that's great for them. I was able to reap the benefits a little these past few days by getting a one week guest pass. The classes were just as fun as I'd remembered and working my muscles really does give me a sense of empowerment. Even though I'm not in tip top shape, my body is far more capable than I realize. Sometimes it feels great to just get up and move and working out alongside others helps keep me motivated and makes the time fly.

I do hope I can swing a membership financially at some point in the future. Maybe I'll ask Santa to contribute for Christmas, IDK.

Another thing I enjoy about the gym is wearing fun and silly workout wear. Cheerful prints help me keep upbeat while huffing and puffed and I like the compliments they usually garner from other gym goers. Last week I wore a pineapple tank and swirly capris.

Just today I wore my new "Meow Meows" leggings from Fabulegs and a pink tee; I love them! They were so comfy and adorable.

You'll have to excuse my serious case of resting b*tch face in these sweaty selfies. After all the exertion I can't seem to manage to make my face muscles smile.😂

And yes, I did work out in sandals. I had just changed after swimming and was too lazy to put on tennis shoes. I have a general aversion to close toed shoes anyway. Fortunately I didn't injure anything; these nifty flip flops with back straps are surprisingly sturdy.

Anyway, do you enjoy any particular form of excercise? Ever worked out at a gym? What workout clothes do you like? Please share in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I am not a gym person, but I do enjoy going to Jazzercise classes. I find it hard to get motivated to exercise unless someone is telling me what to do, which is why I prefer fitness classes over an open gym format. I really like the Danskin line of workout clothes from Walmart, they are good quality and very affordable. I like your cat leggings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kitty leggings are so stinkin' adorable! I love fun gym clothes; it's something cute to look at while you're going back and forth, up and down. Also, cute clothes just make you feel good, and that's always a nice way to go about your workout, isn't it? :) Glad you had a good time; it's always amazing when working out isn't the most horrible thing ever, huh?

    ReplyDelete