Saturday, August 5, 2017

NOTD: Blue Gradient

The Are gradient and ombré the same thing? Well this is one of them anyway.

My first real attempt at this technique. I used Born Pretty white stamping polish as the base. It was perfect; because it's highly saturated it only needed one coat and went on smooth.
I painted 1 stripe of each of the three polishes on one of those free beauty sponges from Sephora. I tried to line the stripes up with the nail and roll the sponge over the nail from one side to the other, pressing with a light to medium firmness. I had to retouch a couple of areas but it worked pretty well for the most part.
It was super messy though; I should have used liquid latex barrier on my cuticles. As it was I was able to remove most of the excess polish with q-tips, thinner and an orangewood stick, but the clean up took almost as long as the painting, haha. Then I topped it with a coat of ChG Fairy Dust for a little Sparkle and Seche Vive for mega shine. I'm super happy with how it turned out! It was very messy but I love the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment